Ana Silvia Prata Soares
Assistant professor at Department of Food Engineering/Unicamp. She holds a BSc in Chemical Engineering (UFSCar, 2000), an M.S. and a Ph.D. in Food Nutrition (Unicamp, 2002, 2006). Her teaching responsibilities include Unit Operations and Transporte Phenomena. Her work is currently focused on the development of innovative processes and products with lowest environmental and human health impact, from Brazilian raw materials or sub-products from agro-food Industry. As a professor at School of Applied Sciences (2010-2015; Unicamp), she started researches on the development of functional and smart materials. http://lattes.cnpq.br/0569421827345002
- Study of basic principles on the structuring of biomaterials, including micro particulates systems produced by complex coacervation, ionotropic gelation, spray drying;
- Fluidization and drying for obtention of particles
- Replacement of synthetic additives
- Microencapsulation applied to the development of new products
- Recovery and valorisation of sub-products from Agro-Food Industry.
Assistant professor at Departament of Food Engineering (DEA/Unicamp). She is Food Engineer (2002) and PhD in Food Engineering (2009) from University of Campinas (UNICAMP). She has worked as assistant professor at the Rural Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRRJ; 2010-2012) and State University of Londrina (UEL, 2012-2016). She currently works with drying of food materials and co-products from Agro-Industry.
- Food drying
- Encapsulation of bioactive compounds
- Protein hydrolysis